Last Modified: August 4, 2021
What Personal Information About Customers Does the CVB Gather?
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website, send by phone, fax, email, or US Post. You can choose not to provide certain information. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our services, and communicating with you.
Information From Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can update our records and communicate more easily.
What Do We Do With the Information We Collect?
At your request, we will send you our brochures and special promotions or offers. Our e-News are promotional emails about things to do, attractions and events happening in and around Kure Beach, North Carolina. You will receive approximately six e-News a year. You can unsubscribe at any time, directly from the prominent links within each e-News, by telephone at 1-877-406-2356, or by emailing us at email@example.com with "Remove from your mailing list" in the subject line. We do not share our email lists with anyone.
Does The CVB Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers and industry partners is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not share your information with any organization or business outside of the CVB.
How Secure is Information About Me?
In an endeavor to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure personal information we collect. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
We incorporate security measures to protect our data from unauthorized use. Firewalls are utilized to protect our servers and network from unauthorized users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store. Although we take the utmost care to protect your information, we cannot ensure the security of any information that you disclose online and transmit to us.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
How Can I Get Access to My Information?
As access is strictly limited, we do not allow access to this information online. Requests should be made via the following channels: By mail attention CVB, 1 Estell Lee Place, Suite 201, Wilmington, NC 28401, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1-877-406-2356.
What Options Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of CVB services, or to receive more information about Kure Beach.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us by telephone at 877-406-2356 or email us at email@example.com with "Remove from your mailing list" in the subject line.
You may contact us by mail attention CVB, 1 Estell Lee Place, Suite 201, Wilmington, NC 28401, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1-877-406-2356. Please thoroughly explain your question or concern and we will try to resolve it.
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Organization offline, through social media platforms, or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Organization or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (a) use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, (b) register on the Website, (c) use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or (d) provide any information about yourself to the Organization, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact the Organization as provided below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Organization.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our travel and business partners.
Information You Provide to the Organization. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by the Organization, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact the Organization.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- About your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We use common Internet technologies, including Google Analytics and "cookies" to collect information about users so that at any time we can provide the best possible functionality and develop our information services.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Organization, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to the Organization, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from the Organization.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Specifically, we use Google Analytics to measure and monitor usage trends of the WilmingtonAndBeaches.com website. We also use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics in order to periodically evaluate whether the content on the Website is well-matched to audiences actually using our Website and how to tailor and improve said content to appropriate user audiences if it can be improved through content changes and updates.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you specifically opt-in to such use.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the Organization when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Organization, our customers or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to the Organization. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want the Organization to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending the Organization an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Organization. If you do not want to have your contact information used by the Organization to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending the Organization an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send the Organization a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want the Organization to use information that we collect or that you provide to the Organization to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending the Organization an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send the Organization an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail or call to the contact information below to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to the Organization. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting all information you provided.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. To ensure that the processing of information is carried out in a safe manner, only specifically authorized persons at Wilmington and Beaches CVB, and our subcontractors and system suppliers (see below) will have access to the information you provide us. The number of employees with such approval is limited. Access to information is secured by access mechanisms.
- Simpleview (www.simpleviewinc.com) – systems data handler
- Act-On (www.act-on.com) for email newsletter
- CES Mail Communications (www.cesmail.com) to distribute Visitors Guides
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Alternatively, you may contact the Organization at:
Wilmington and Beaches CVB
1 Estell Lee Place, Suite 201
Wilmington, NC 28401
Or by phone: