Groups & Weddings FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

From beach wedding permits to visitor guide requests, here’s our list of most frequently asked questions and answers about hosting a wedding or reunion in Kure Beach, NC.

  • The services manager provides the Visitors Guide and Guide Maps to the bride and her guests at no charge. The services manager can also provide you with a Wedding and Reunions Resources list to assist in planning your special day or event.

  • Kure Beach allows weddings on the beach and chairs and tents are permitted with limitations. For more information, call the Town Hall Event Coordinator at (910) 458-8216.

  • You do not have to be a resident of North Carolina to be married here, but you do need a license. You can get one from the Register of Deeds office in any county in North Carolina. There is no waiting period, blood test or physical exam and once issued the license is valid for 60 days. Fee for a license is currently $60.

    In New Hanover County and Kure Beach, you can apply for a marriage license at the Register of Deeds office at 320 Chestnut St., Suite 120 in downtown Wilmington or the satellite office at 230 Government Center Dr., Suite 185. Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only. Contact the Register of Deeds office at (910) 798-7751 for more information.

For More Information:

Karen Warren

Karen Warren Visitor Services